MORTGAGE LENDING ADMINISTRATION TEAMS
Residential Mortgages Lending Team
Hours of operation (Pacific Time):
8:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday
8 AM to 3 PM, Saturday
Closed on BC and Canadian Statutory Holidays
Contact info & service standards
Phone: (604) 539-7419
First West Credit Union
200 – 19933 88th Ave
Langley, BC V2Y 4K5
Service Level Commitments
- Requests received on or before 3 PM (Pacific Time) Monday to Friday (excluding BC and Canadian statutory holidays) will be processed same day, providing all is in order.
- Requests received between 3 PM to 5 PM (Pacific Time) Monday to Friday (excluding BC and Canadian statutory holidays) will be processed on a “best efforts basis” providing all is in order. No guarantee of same day funding.
- Requests received during the weekends or statutory holidays will be processed the next business day providing all is in order.
- Priority Rush requests for guaranteed same day funding will be considered. These are requests where the solicitor expects the request to be sent after 3 PM but same day funding is critical to complete the transaction. The solicitor must be proactive and contact the First West Mortgage Lending Administration Team at least 30 minutes prior to daily cutoff (3 PM). In cases where we can accommodate the request, we will provide either verbal or written confirmation that the mortgage will be funded same day. Without the confirmation, funding requests sent between 3 PM to 5 PM will be processed on a “best efforts basis”.
- Refer to Requests for Funds and Discharges tab below for details on these types of requests and requirements including time deadlines for wire requests.
Requests for funds and discharges
IMPORTANT: Refer to Service Level Commitments for details on time requirements on funding requests. When requesting funds email FWRetaillending@firstwestcu.ca with the following being required:
- Email subject line must contain the below information:
- Region, Branch, Account number, Member Name, Task (eg. request for funds)
- Request for funds must include:
- Dollar amount
- Copy of signed and registered Form B
- Title insurance (required in the amount of $1M or the purchase price, whichever is greater)
- If applicable, these documents must be attached:
- PPSA Registration
- Disbursement instructions – If you do not have a First West Trust account your options to receive funds are as follows:
- Pick up a cheque at First West Credit Union head office (200 – 19933 88th Ave Langley, BC V2Y 4K5)
- Arrangements can be made to pick up a cheque at a local Valley First or Island Savings branch.
- Wire transfer requests, a fully completed request must be submitted prior to 10 AM on the day of advance to ensure same day funding.
- Any other options requested will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
NOTE: Funding may be delayed if there are any irregularities or discrepancies on First West’s side. You will be notified of any delays exceeding our regular service level commitments noted here.
Submission of documentation
First West’s preferred method of receiving the Final Mortgage Documentation Package and The State of Title Certificates is digital. Do not mail a hard copy if submitted electronically.
Please email them to FWRetaillending@firstwestcu.ca and include branch, member name and account number, and task (ie: Request for Funds / Final Report) in subject line.
All discharge requests are to be routed through Dye & Durham – AtSource Solutions Inc. Please contact them at dyedurham.com or 604-538-3221 for set up and any questions you may have.
Please provide at minimum 3 to 10 business days’ notice for a payout statement. Requests received in 2 days or less will be completed on a best effort basis
- Exceptions to using AtSource – PPSA, Lease Land, Indigenous Land, Marine Mortgages and Cultus Lake. If you would like to request this type of discharge please email us at FWRetaillending@firstwestcu.ca
First West Credit Union has adopted the AtSource eChequeOut solution to receive funds electronically and this is the preferred method for receiving payout funds. Alternatively, you may courier a cheque and payout package to the First West Credit Union head office in Langley (address in contact information) or drop of a cheque and payout package to a local Envision Financial, Valley First or Island Savings branch.
Residential mortgage tools
1. Memorandum of Engagement Expectations for Legal Professionals Preparing a Mortgage on Behalf of First West Credit Union
Download Options: (Word Document 74 KB)
2. Standard Mortgage Terms:
- Residential CreditMaster® Mortgage (MT180028)
Download Options: (PDF Document 353 KB)
- Standard Mortgage Terms (MT030100)
Download Options: (PDF Document 215 KB)
3. Pro Forma Form B and additional situational addendums
Download Options: (PDF Document 398 KB)
4. Solicitors Interim Report and Request for Funds
Download Options: (PDF Document 110 KB)
5. Acknowledgement of Receipt of Mortgage
- Receipt of Standard Mortgage
Download Options: (PDF Document 118 KB)
- Mortgage Disbursement Authorization
Download Options: (PDF Document 136 KB)
6. Final Report on Title and Security
Download Options: (PDF Document 279 KB)