MORTGAGE LENDING ADMINISTRATION TEAMS
Commercial Mortgages Lending Team
Hours of operation (Pacific Standard Time):
8:30 AM to 5 PM, Monday to Friday
Closed on BC and Canadian Statutory Holidays
Contact info & service standards
Phone: (604) 539-7427
First West Credit Union
200 – 19933 88th Ave
Langley, BC V2Y 4K5
Service level commitments
- Requests received on or before 3 PM (Pacific Time) Monday to Friday (excluding BC and Canadian statutory holidays) will be processed same day, providing all is in order.
- Requests received between 3 PM to 5 PM (Pacific Time) Monday to Friday (excluding BC and Canadian statutory holidays) will be processed on a “best efforts basis”, providing all is in order. No guarantee of same day funding.
- Requests received during the weekends or statutory holidays will be processed the next business day providing all is in order.
- Priority Rush requests for guaranteed same day funding will be considered. These are requests where the solicitor expects the request to be sent after 3 PM but same day funding is critical to complete the transaction. The solicitor must be proactive and contact the First West Mortgage Lending Administration Team at least 30 minutes prior to daily cutoff (3 PM). In cases where we can accommodate the request, we will provide either verbal or written confirmation that the mortgage will be funded same day. Without the confirmation, funding requests sent between 3 PM to 5 PM will be processed on a “best efforts basis”.
- Refer to Requests for Funds and Discharges tab below for details on these types of requests and requirements including time deadlines for wire requests.
Requests for funds & discharges
IMPORTANT: Refer to Service Level Commitments for details on time requirements on funding requests. When requesting funds email FWCommerciallending@Firstwestcu.ca with the following being required:
- Email subject line must contain the below information:
- Region, Branch, Account number, Member Name, Task (eg. request for funds)
- Request for funds must include:
- Dollar amount
- Copy of signed loan agreement
- Copy of insurance binder
- Copy of signed and registered Form B
- Direction / Authority to pay
- If applicable, these documents must be attached:
- Title insurance
- PPSA Registration
- Disbursement instructions – Credit to a First West Trust account. Include your branch and membership number in the request for funds. Any other options requested will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. If you do not have a First West Trust account, arrangements can be made to pick up a cheque at a local Envision Financial branch, Valley First branch, Island Savings branch or the First West Credit Union head office (address in contact information). For any wire transfer requests, a fully completed request must be submitted prior to 10 AM on the day of advance to ensure same day funding.
NOTE: Funding may be delayed if there are any irregularities or discrepancies on First West’s side. You will be notified of any delays exceeding our regular service level commitments noted here.
Submission of Documentation
First West’s preferred method of receiving the Final Mortgage Documentation Package and The State of Title Certificates is digital. Do not mail a hard copy if submitted electronically.
Please email them to FWCommerciallending@firstwestcu.ca and include branch, member name and account number, and task (ie: Request for Funds / Final Report) in subject line.
First West Credit Union has adopted the eChequeOut solution to receive payout funds electronically. All discharge requests are to be routed through Dye & Durham – AtSource Solutions Inc. Please contact them at dyedurham.com or 604-538-3221 for set up and any questions you may have.
Please provide at minimum 3 to 10 business days’ notice for a payout statement. Requests received in 2 days or less will be completed on a best effort basis
- Exceptions to using AtSource – PPSA, Lease Land, Indigenous Land, Marine Mortgages and Cultus Lake. If you would like to request this type of discharge please email us at FWCommerciallending@firstwestcu.ca
First West Credit Union has adopted the AtSource eChequeOut solution to receive funds electronically and this is the preferred method for receiving payout funds. Alternatively, you may courier a cheque and payout package to the First West Credit Union head office in Langley (address in contact information) or drop of a cheque and payout package to a local Envision Financial, Valley First or Island Savings branch.
Commercial mortgage tools
1. Terms of Engagement and General Instructions for Preparation of Mortgages
Download Options: (Word Document 59 KB)
2. Standard Mortgage Terms:
Commercial CreditMaster Mortgage (MT030098)
Download Options: (PDF Document 248 KB)
3. Pro Forma Form B and E:
Commercial CreditMaster Mortgage
Download Options: (PDF Document 421 KB)
4. Commercial CreditMaster Disbursement Authorization
Download Options: (PDF Document 96 KB)
5. Acknowledgement of Receipt of Mortgage
Download Options: (Word Document 20 KB)
6. Central 1 Form 5900
Download Options: (Word Document 563 KB)
For any other documents needed, please access Central 1 for the most recent versions.
If you require Central 1 access, please have a senior partner/Owner in the law firm complete and execute Central 1 Form 5900.
A law firm can have 2 people with access to the Central 1 form and as such we do require the following information in addition to the executed form:
- Full Names and email addresses of 2 users
- Name of Law Firm and Owner (or Senior Partner)
- Address and Telephone of Law Firm
Please forward information and completed Form 5900 toFWCommerciallending@firstwestcu.ca. Your credentials will be forwarded after due processing with Central 1.