LANGLEY, B.C. – The First West Foundation, through its four community endowments— Envision Financial, Valley First, Island Savings and Enderby & District Financial— is granting a total of 64 grants this year to deserving charities across B.C.
This year’s grants are primarily for projects and programming focused in two key areas— building resilient and resourceful communities by helping those affected by socio-economic factors and strengthening the social services sector by supporting organizational development initiatives such as leadership training.
Click on the links below to view details on the organizations and programming receiving grants in each region.
- Envision Financial Community Endowment
- Valley First Community Endowment
- Island Savings Community Endowment
- Enderby & District Financial Community Endowment
2020 has proved to be a historic year of giving for the Foundation, the philanthropic arm of First West Credit Union and all its divisions.
- $732,737 donated through annual endowments to local non-profits where First West Credit Union operates
- $431,005 set aside for additional granting needs in 2020 as needed
- $1 million for First West’s Community Response Fund, launched to support local charities through the pandemic
In total, the First West Foundation will gift over $2.1 million to local non-profits in 2020—the highest amount in its history.
“The credit union mantra has always been about neighbour helping neighbour and this year has highlighted that even more for us,” says Susan Byrom, executive director of the First West Foundation. “Our communities need us right now and, we couldn’t be prouder to see the First West Foundation stepping up in the community to help these vital organizations continue the incredible work they do.”
Since its inception in 1996, the First West Foundation has donated over $6.39 million in grants to local community groups and projects.